The purpose of this position is to ensure customer satisfaction and quality service by adherence to TMK policies and standards through supervising, coaching and providing ongoing training to the Teller associates. This position has overall responsibility for the branches safekeeping of any of its cash or cash equivalent items.
**Applicants selected for Head Teller positions will be hired into either a Head Teller I, Head Teller II, or
Teller Supervisor job title, based on years of experience and approved staffing for the branch.
• Represent Trustmark professionally, efficiently, and tactfully in order to assure customer satisfaction when in contact with customers, either face-to-face or by telephone. Acknowledge and greet the customer with a smile and call the customer by name (at least twice) while processing deposits and withdrawals for transaction accounts. Always check for customers' additional needs and thank them as they leave.
• Continually safeguard the bank's assets and security of the working environment while processing transactions accurately, securing large dollars, and balancing the teller window daily. All work must be performed within bank guidelines, following bank policies, procedures, and standards of performance.
• Manage, coach, and provide training for Tellers; manage Teller scheduling and overtime, conduct required meetings, jointly complete performance appraisals, and delegate additional duties as required.
• Processing oversight and or responsibility for review of various transactions including but not limited to: night drop/contract/log, ATM deposits, cash dispense, teller drawer/cash, collection items, wire transfers, foreign currency, credit card transactions, loan payments, money orders, CTR, travelers' cheques and official checks.
• Assist in the development of new business for the bank by identifying customer needs for additional products and services through referring customers to appropriate sales staff, and by completing documentation for all referrals.
• High school education
• One year of Teller experience (Trustmark Teller experience preferred)
• Head Teller experience preferred
• Basic knowledge of math concepts and principles
• Bank regulatory issues such as Reg CC, Bank Privacy Act, Bank Secrecy, and Currency Transaction Reporting
• Detail oriented - must be able to process transactions accurately and efficiently
-Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent customer service and sales skills
-Ability to meet and greet the public in a professional manner that reinforces TMK's service standards
-Ability to display professional appearance and mannerisms
-Ability to recognize customer needs and make appropriate referrals
-Ability to meet sales goals in a retail environment
• Basic computer skills
-Ability to meet minimum standards of Teller Assessment test
-Ability to learn internal technology systems to perform work tasks
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to handle some daily lifting of boxed or bagged coins required (weight may vary)
• Leadership (previous supervisory experience preferred)
• Excellent balancing skills
• Interpersonal skills to coach and train