The purpose of this job is to aid clients with service needs and provide assistance for Personal Lines coverage of new and renewal personal lines.
· Market renewal business when appropriate and provide high degree of customer service; may market new business.
· Actively solicits increases in coverage or rounding out accounts through sales to clients at every service contact.
· Submits applications via Internet to appropriate carriers, and follows up to ensure timely receipt of policies or quotations.
· Maintains orderly electronic files and information, following agency standards.
· Proactively services client accounts and anticipating clients' needs. Informs clients of policy changes, exclusions of coverage and insurance coverage needs.
· Explains coverage and exclusions to clients. Uses service contact as opportunity to review and market appropriate coverage. Proactively works with and advises clients on renewal strategies/market placements/coverage issues.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· High school diploma
· College degree desired
· Two (2) years of insurance experience with Personal Lines in an agency environment or insurance company-
OR-Two (2) years in a Personal Lines Account Manager I position or equivalent -OR-Completion of the Insurance Development Associate Program with one (1) year experience in an agency sales support position
· Must have 440 Florida license OR Florida 220 license
· CISR, ACSR, AAI, or CPSR designation preferred
· Working knowledge of Applied Agency Management Systems preferred
· Understand and be able to explain all lines of insurance
· Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting products
· Self-starter, creative with excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to make timely informed decisions
· Time management skills
· Ability to train others preferred